Friday, April 27, 2012

RUN RUN RUN


I’m running my very first 5k on Sunday!  I wish I was more excited, honestly.  My level of preparation is somewhere in the general vicinity of “PSHHHH. YEAH…RIGHT.”  Up until this morning, I was only a little anxious.  But now that there is an 80% chance on rain Sunday morning, I’m a wee bit terrified.  I’ve never run in rain before, and I’m the weenie that gave up on running last fall when the temperature dropped below 65 degrees.  But participating in and finishing that stupid race will be such a huge feat for me.  As a self-proclaimed non-runner, I am still in shock that I can actually run for more than 30 seconds without flat lining.  Let’s face it, a gal as top-heavy as myself, isn’t typically chomping at the bit to participate in a 30-minute bounce fest.  And given the upside-down state of my life as of lately, keeping up with my training has been a complete joke.  But I will overcome!

I’ve already registered for another 5k in May…
 
It's totally gonna happen.  I can’t even wait.

My hope is to become a regular 5k-er.  I’d love to think I could get to a place where I do them just for fun.  The girl I’m running with this weekend (seriously) asked if I’d like to start training for a half marathon after this race.  For some freaky, bizarre reason…she thinks that’s a good idea.  Like that kind of torture is fun or something.  I told her she was a little too cray for me. Have fun with that girlfriend...you’re on your own!  I’ll try to take a glamorous post-race photo with my gal pal and share.  I’m sure it’ll be way more hotness than this little website can handle.

No comments: