Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Bachelorette!


My world is currently being turned upside down.  All of my beloved shows are coming to their season’s end.  What ever will I do with my evenings?  My emotional well-being is painfully reliant on my weekly dose of Chuck & Blair on Gossip Girl.  And don’t get me started on how desperately I anticipate Thursday nights and the copious amounts of drooling that takes place when I get to spend an hour staring at Jackson Avery and/or Mark Sloan (aka McSteamy…for all appropriate, and inappropriate reasons) on Grey’s Anatomy.  And I’ll go ahead and say it:  I’m devastated that Desperate Housewives has ended.  For good.  Done.  Forever and ever.  Wahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  So what on earth is a junkie like myself supposed to do with her week nights, now that the primetime television world has so rudely shut me out for the summer?  I’ll tell you what I’m going to do…
WATCH THE BACHELORETTE!  
And I’m diving in people.  I finally pushed play on the DVR last night and caught up on Monday night’s premiere, and let me just say, there are some nice fellas floating around in the bachelor pad.  Here are my favs:

Arie

SWOON!  Would everyone please just take a moment to acknowledge that beautiful, thick hair, and those delightfully unexpected baby blues!  And he is a race car driver from the Netherlands!  As long as he’s not friends with Ricky Bobby, I’ll take him!  Well, even if he is friends with Ricky Bobby…whew!  Plus Emily said “he would look hot in a race car!”  I absolutely cannot disagree with that statement. 

Doug

Doug has my vote.  Seriously, he’s most definitely in my top three.  I generally have a “top pick” in the first episode (yes, I’m THAT wrapped up in this garbage).  While I still can’t say who “my guy” is, Doug is most definitely high-ranking on my list.  He brought a hand-written note for Emily from his 11-year old son (which is surely what won him the prized first-impression rose).  YOU GUYS!  That is a thoughtful enough gesture to make even the most cold-hearted soul shed a tear.  And since Emily is not only on the prowl for a husband, but also a father figure for her daughter, Doug totally fits the bill in my opinion.  Plus he’s awwwwfully handsome.

Kalon

This one…oh  man.  Affectionately referred to as “helicopter guy,” this one made an impression right out of the chute.  While it was a little over-the-top to arrive at the cocktail party in a friggen’ HELICOPTER, he did make much more of an impact than many of the other men.  And suffice it to say…he’s the first one with a nickname!  Whatever his motive is, whether it’s to be labeled as the guy with “a few dollars in my pocket,” (yeah, he really did say that about himself), whether it’s to simply “be noticed” or whether his intentions are completely true and he’s looking for a lasting love…he’s certainly setting himself up to be a “feature” in each episode.

Stevie

Stevie tried really, REALLY hard to be smooth when he stepped out of the limo.  As a self-proclaimed “entertainer,” emcee Stevie busted out of the car…boombox in-hand…and danced his way up the stairs and into Emily’s presence.  While Stevie’s initial impression (on me) was that he was a goofy, fun guy…I was quite disappointed when he began to interact with others in the house.  This guy is drama.  He’s the one stirring the “helicopter guy” pot, and I honestly hope it comes back to bite him big time.  Plus, I don’t think this guy is attractive AT ALL.  Sorry Stevie.  I was hoping you didn’t get a rose.

Travis

Folks, Travis brought an ostrich egg.  No, really.  Homeboy stepped out of that limo, egg-in-hand, and strolled right on up to Emily.  I believe he used it as a metaphor for how he planned to “take care” of Emily and her daughter…which is a very kind thought, but borderline creepy.  And not to mention, he HAD to know he’d be made fun of!  Didn’t he see the cornball that wore a mask for most of his time on Ashley Hebert’s season, in hopes to remain mysterious and emphasize that it’s not “all about looks?”  Come on Trav, do your homework buddy!  He was the very last one to receive a rose on Monday night, and I’d be lying if I said my fingers and toes weren’t crossed in hopes that she wouldn’t call his name.  I’m sure he’s a great guy, but…please lose the egg, I’m sure Emily won’t mind.

Aaron

Wowzer.  If I take nothing else away from this season of The Bachelorette, that’d be okay.  I’ll just take Aaron.  Please and thank you. 

No comments: